10.23.2011

This Little Penguin Wears a Sweater

Picture via Etsy

When I saw the above picture on the Etsy blog, it stopped me in my tracks. Being an animal lover, I couldnt help but smile when I saw the little penguin wearing a sweater. How ironic I thought. However, apparently the sweater has a purpose.

There was a recent oil spill in New Zealand that reeked havoc on the environment. Volunteers are rushing to help clean up all of the animals and penguins in the area but until then, they need sweaters. These sweaters help keep the penguins warm and also prevent them from getting any oil in their system.

I wish I knew how to knit. If I did, I would be knitting a ton of sweaters for these little guys.
If you know how to knit, go HERE and read the directions and start whipping them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment